• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Yes: Owner of a Lonely Heart (live)

Still going strong.

2004 in Lugano, Switzerland.

There are videos on Youtube of "Yes" playing this song in live performances as recent as 2010. Talk about a lasting hit.

Yes is one of the most awesome bands to see perform live. The level of virtuosity of the bandmembers is just amazing from their tight harmonies to their incredible solos to the 24 different stringed instruments that Steve Howe brings out (playing up to three per song) is fantastic to watch for anyone who's been a performer or that appreciates what it takes to perform their music.

Trevor Horn (producer of the album) discusses the tortured origin of this song.

LOL, 'we shot the eagle in the sky.' Great story.

I always get Trevor Rabin and Trevor Horn mixed up. Now I know why. One was the producer, the other played guitar during that 'changing musicians period' for Yes. It was while Steve Howe went off to play with Asia and GTR. Even Jon Anderson left for a while. Horn briefly mentions singing for the band in 1980. I believe this is him singing in this video from the Drama album...

and this song (which has some completely awesome bass playing by Chris Squire):

Back