• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

The Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil

wow what a find. Thats got to be one Brian Jones last performances with the band
from wiki
Original Stones bassist Bill Wyman said of Jones, "He formed the band. He chose the members. He named the band. He chose the music we played. He got us gigs. ... Very influential, very important, and then slowly lost it -- highly intelligent -- and just kind of wasted it and blew it all away."[

Wow!!!!!! Great find, Andy. :clapping

Most of you young SBR whippersnappers probably don't realize the significance of 1968, the year I graduated from high school and entered college. Read Tom Brokow's Boom! to find out why it was such a memorable year in US history.

From the Amazon review:
Now, in Boom!, one of America’s premier journalists gives us an epic portrait of another defining era in America as he brings to life the tumultuous Sixties, a fault line in American history. The voices and stories of both famous people and ordinary citizens come together as Brokaw takes us on a memorable journey through a remarkable time, exploring how individual lives and the national mindset were affected by a controversial era and showing how the aftershocks of the Sixties continue to resound in our lives today. In the reflections of a generation, Brokaw also discovers lessons that might guide us in the years ahead.

Boom! One minute it was Ike and the man in the grey flannel suit, and the next minute it was time to “turn on, tune in, drop out.” While Americans were walking on the moon, Americans were dying in Vietnam. Nothing was beyond question, and there were far fewer answers than before.

434782.jpg

Stones and Beatles were very big in my time line.
More the Beatles, but Stones were there for me when I needed Rock and Roll.

Stones and Beatles were very big in my time line.
More the Beatles, but Stones were there for me when I needed Rock and Roll.

The Beatles were the clean cut, good looking guys, the Stones were the bad boys. It is amazing how our society has changed to the point that the Stones became the "safe act" for a Super Bowl halftime show. :laughing

Back