• Welcome to Classic Rock Zone

Here you will find some of the most awesome classic rock videos. Each thread will contain the original version of the song along with other live performance videos, covers by other artists, how to play video, chord with lyrics and other interesting information about the song.

We hope you enjoy the forum and hope you will register so you can post your favorite classic rock videos. Registration and full access is always free.

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing

Dire Straits & Eric (EC, Crap Duck, Slow Hand) Clapton, what a combo and rendition!

Must watch. The first album I ever purchased was "EC at his Best" circa 1974... Gad I'm old.
Still one of the best electric giutar players ever...

Jeeze you guys are old. This is from 1988. I saw Dire Straights in the Coffee House at UCD in 1980...awesome. I am living in the best of times.

I once posted this on an SBR long ago and far away. It is still my favorite version of this classic.

Forty years later, Mark Knopfler is still rockin' "The Sultans of Swing." Live at Sevilla 7-26-2015.

He makes it look so easy and effortless. One of the best guitar players and singers alive.

496922.png

Interview with Mark Knopfler. Date unknown, but it looks fairly recent.

Back